This week, Ropes & Gray attorneys guided a client on a private equity deal and provided commentary on health care and life sciences developments. The firm also wrapped up a successful pro bono lawsuit and released a new podcast on IP law. Here’s a summary of the week’s highlights:
- Ansira Partners, a marketing services provider and portfolio company of Advent International, acquired the digital marketing business of CDK Global. Ropes & Gray advised Advent International on the acquisition.
- The U.S. Department of Education has agreed to recognize employees who work for the American Bar Association (ABA) as public service workers eligible for student loan forgiveness, settling a lawsuit brought pro bono by Ropes & Gray. Representing the ABA and four individual plaintiffs, the Ropes & Gray litigation team argued that the department had improperly administered the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program, retroactively denying loan payment credits to individuals who have dedicated their careers to public service.
- In a new episode of IP(DC), Ropes & Gray’s podcast series covering Washington, D.C.-based developments in IP law, litigation & enforcement partner Chong Park joins IP litigation partners Scott McKeown and Matt Rizzolo to address standard-essential patents and their potential to complicate the rollout of 5G-enabled products and infrastructure.
- A recently approved California bill amends the California Consumer Privacy Act to eliminate ambiguities for the medical and research communities. Health care partner Christine Moundas and associate David Peloquin analyzed the impact of the new bill in Bloomberg Law.
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the Federal Trade Commission recently announced a collaboration to promote biosimilar competition. Life sciences regulatory & compliance partner Kellie Combs examines key aspects of the collaboration, as well as related FDA draft guidance regarding promotion of biologics and biosimilars, in Law360.
- Law360 profiled Ropes & Gray’s finance practice as a “Securitizations Group of the Year.” The article highlights the group’s work on Dunkin’ Brands’ whole-business securitization refinancing that included a $1.7 billion note issuance, and its representation of ServPro Industries in the restoration industry’s first-ever whole-business securitization.
- For legal insights and the latest firm news, please follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find out more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.