Ropes & Gray has received high rankings and accolades from a variety of respected industry sources in recognition of the firm’s momentum in Asia, where the firm has offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo.
The firm was named “Private Equity Team of the Year” for Asia by International Financial Law Review, and in the inaugural private equity rankings in Asian Legal Business, the firm was recognized in China, Hong Kong and Japan.
The 2013 edition of Chambers Asia cited practices and lawyers across the region. Ten Ropes & Gray partners based in Asia earned rankings in multiple practices, including corporate M&A, capital markets, private equity, fund formation, life sciences and intellectual property.
Chambers Asia also recognized numerous Ropes & Gray practices in the region. Less than one year after establishing an office in Seoul, the firm ranked in Band 1 for intellectual property and was the only firm ranked in this practice in Korea.
Other rankings include:
- IP, China and Japan
- Life sciences, China
- Corporate/M&A, China and Asia-wide
- Investment funds: private equity, China
- PE buyouts, China
Other recent accolades include:
- A 2012 “Deal of the Year” award from India Business Law Journal for work on the acquisition of a $1 billion stake in Indian outsourcing technology manager Genpact Ltd. by Bain Capital Partners.
- Second place in “Law Firm of the Year in Asia (Transactions)” and third in “Law Firm of the Year in Asia (Fund Formation)” in the Private Equity International (PEI) Awards 2012.
- Honorable mention in ASIAN-MENA COUNSEL’s “Deals of the Year 2012” for the firm’s role in Bain Capital’s acquisition of Jupiter Shop Channel.
In addition to the recent recognition, Ropes & Gray has earned numerous other honors for its work in Asia, including Asian Legal Business “Deal of the Year” awards for China in 2010, and for Japan in 2012, 2010 and 2009.
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find our more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.