The Week at Ropes & Gray: Deal Activity Resumes; New Leadership for the Firm and A New Arrival; Oral Arguments at the U.S. Supreme Court; Giving Tuesday
Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- Transactional activity surged around the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday:
- Jaggaer, a leading independent spend management technology company, acquired BravoSolution, a leading global strategic procurement solution provider, from Italmobiliare. Ropes & Gray counseled Italmobiliare and BravoSolution in the agreement.
- Premium Brands Holdings acquired food distributor Raybern Foods, a California-based manufacturer of branded specialty sandwiches, from TSG Consumer Partners. Ropes & Gray served as counsel to Raybern Foods and TSG Consumer Partners in the sale.
- Avista Capital Partners acquired United BioSource, a wholly owned subsidiary of Express Scripts Holding Company. United BioSource is a leading provider of pharmaceutical and patient support services. Ropes & Gray represented Avista in the acquisition.
- CBRE Global Investors announced the formation of Strategic Partners U.S. Value 8 and Asia Value Partners IV. The fund has raised equity commitments of $1.34 billion from 25 institutional investors. Ropes & Gray served as advisor to CBRE Global Investors.
- The firm recently announced that securities & public companies partner Julie Jones will become Ropes & Gray’s chair in 2020. She will be the first woman chair in the firm’s 152-year history.
- Separately, our anti-corruption and international risk team in Washington, D.C. expanded with the addition of Ama Adams. Ms. Adams joins as partner in the business & securities litigation practice and brings deep experience in navigating U.S. trade regulations, including export controls, economic sanctions, anti-corruption, foreign direct investment, and customs laws and regulations.
- Two significant cases before the U.S. Supreme Court this term, Oil States and SAS Institute, will affect the U.S. Patent Trial and Appeal Board. Intellectual property litigation partner Scott McKeown was quoted in a Nov. 28 Law360 article that examines the oral arguments before the U.S. Supreme Court in Oil States.
- As we enter the holiday season, it is important to remember that many hardworking families struggle to support themselves and loved ones. To help, Ropes & Gray is sponsoring of the Greater Boston Food Bank’s “Giving Tuesday” campaign, which aims to raise 260,000 meals to feed families across Massachusetts. If you would like to help those in need this holiday season, please consider donating.
- Follow us on Twitter @RopesGray for legal insights and the latest firm news.