The Week at Ropes & Gray: Fund Closing, an IPO and Other Transactions; IP Law Plays a Role in Motorcycle Club Racketeering Trial; Covenants in Leveraged Loan Deals; New Anti-Abuse Tax Provisions; Rankings in the U.K.
Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- November wraps up with a successful fund closing, an initial public offering and a steady flow of transactions for our clients:
- Main Post Partners, a San Francisco-based private equity firm, announced the close of its sophomore fund, Main Post Growth Capital II, L.P., with $700 million in capital commitments. Ropes & Gray served as counsel to Main Post Partners.
- Ropes & Gray is representing the underwriters in the IPO of 7.5 million shares of Bain Capital Specialty Finance, Inc. common stock, priced at $20.25 each.
- Cambrex Corporation, a life sciences company that provides products and services for small molecule active pharmaceutical ingredients, announced an agreement to acquire Avista Pharma Solutions, a contract development, manufacturing and testing organization, for $252 million. Ropes & Gray advised Cambrex in the transaction.
- ACProducts, Inc. (acpi®), a portfolio company of American Industrial Partners, announced an agreement to acquire Elkay Wood Products Company, a manufacturer of kitchen and bath cabinetry. Ropes & Gray acted as legal advisor to acpi®.
- Convey Health Solutions, a specialized health care technology company, and New Mountain Capital announced plans to combine Convey Health Solutions with HealthScape Advisors, LLC and Pareto Intelligence LLC. Ropes & Gray advised Convey Health Solutions and New Mountain Capital in the transaction.
- In an article published by The New York Times, IP litigation counsel Evan Gourvitz discussed how federal prosecutors are turning to IP law to attempt to take down the Mongols, a biker group they consider one of the most dangerous criminal enterprises in the United States.
- The U.S. loan market has become increasingly borrower-friendly. Finance partner Alex Zeltser participated in Debtwire Radio’s “Middle Market” podcast to discuss how loan documents’ financial covenants reflect the competition between fund managers and other lenders to meet borrower and private equity sponsor needs to win deals.
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development developed a series of actions to address tax avoidance. In this new video, Kat Saunders Gregor, a tax partner and co-founder of the tax controversy group, examines the influx of new anti-abuse provisions around the world.
- Ropes & Gray has been ranked across 10 practice areas in the Chambers UK 2019 directory, and 16 of the firm’s London-based lawyers have been named “notable practitioners.” In addition, the firm was widely recognized in the 2018 Legal 500 UK directory. Ropes & Gray was ranked in 12 practice areas, and 10 of the firm’s London-based partners were named “leading lawyers.”
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram for legal insights and the latest firm news.