Ranee represents hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers and other health care entities in sophisticated, precedent setting transactions. She has over a decade of corporate experience, including in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, affiliations and governance matters. Ranee provides clear, concise counsel to management and in-house legal teams while working seamlessly with consultants, financial advisors and co-outside counsel to ensure transaction completion.
- Represented a nonprofit health system to establish a nursing school collaboration and pipeline program with a school of nursing to help address statewide nursing shortages.
- Represented Atrium Health in its strategic combination with Advocate Aurora Health to create the fifth largest nonprofit health system in the country, with $27 billion in combined revenue and 67 hospitals located in six states.
- Represented The George Washington University (GW) in the sale of its ownership interest in George Washington University Hospital to Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) and the restructuring of GW’s long-term affiliation with UHS.
- Represented a California nonprofit health system in a joint venture with a publicly traded operator of ambulatory surgery centers to establish a new ambulatory surgery center.
- Represented Renown Health in its affiliation and long-term partnership with the University of Nevada, Reno, which established the first integrated health system in Nevada.
- Represented St. Luke’s University Health Network in its acquisition of Easton Hospital from Steward Health.*
- Represented GenesisCare USA, Inc. (f/k/a 21st Century Oncology) in its general contracting and transactional matters.*
- Represented R1 as co-counsel in its acquisition of Cerner RevWorks.*
- Represented Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and Bon Secours Mercy Health in the formation of Health State Alliance, a statewide affiliation created to address Ohio’s critical health needs.*
- Represented Atrium Health in the formation of its Musculoskeletal Institute and entry into a co-management arrangement with multiple physician groups.*
- Represented St. Luke’s University Health Network in its entry into Civica Rx, a not-for-profit generic drug company, as a founding member.*
- Represented Rush University System for Health in the restructuring of Rush Health, its clinically integrated network.*
- Represented UCHealth on its acquisition of Pikes Peak Regional Hospital.*
- Represented UCHealth in its acquisition of the Yampa Valley Medical Center.*
- Represented Vanderbilt University on the spin-off of Vanderbilt University Medical Center, including its ancillary businesses and sites and a 50-hospital affiliated network, to a newly formed independent organization.*
- Represented St. Louis University in its acquisition of St. Louis University Hospital and its joint venture with SSM Health.*
- Represented UCHealth in its entry into a ground lease in Colorado Springs with Children’s Hospital Colorado.*
- Represented Nebraska Medicine in its formation and the acquisition of University of Nebraska Medical Center Physicians.*
*Prior to joining Ropes & Gray