Raj represents some of the world’s leading venture capital firms, emerging biotechs, and large pharmaceutical companies in a broad range of matters, including venture and growth equity financings, strategic alliances, licenses, collaborations, and other commercial transactions.
- Represented Pfizer in a strategic collaboration with Flagship Pioneering to create a new pipeline of innovative medicines.
- Represented Blackstone Life Sciences in its combination with gene editing drugmaker Intellia Therapeutics and German cell manufacturer Cellex Cell Professionals GmbH to create a new CAR-T platform company to develop cell therapies for cancer and autoimmune diseases.
- Represented SmartLabs in its $250 million Series B financing.
- Represented Pfizer in a $1.24 billion dollar ex-U.S. strategic collaboration agreement with Biohaven Pharmaceutical Company to commercialize rimegepant.
- Represented Foghorn Therapeutics in its co-development and co-commercialization agreement with Loxo Oncology at Lilly, under which Foghorn received a $300 million upfront payment and an $80 million equity investment from Lilly and is entitled to up to $1.3 billion in development and commercialization milestones.
- Represented Sarepta Therapeutics in a $1.15 billion collaboration and license agreement with Roche in the field of Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD).
- Represents the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard in connection with licenses and collaborations, including licenses for CRISPR/Cas9, strategic alliances, and equity matters.
- Represents several high-profile venture firms, private equity firms and strategic investors in connection with VC/growth equity investments and new company formations, with a focus on the life sciences industry.
- Represents several venture-backed emerging life sciences companies on general corporate matters, venture financings, and strategic transactions, from formation through initial public offering.
- Represents several leading biopharmaceutical companies in connection with complex license and collaboration transactions.