Michael Clark is an associate in the real estate investments & transactions group. He advises institutional investors, private equity funds, asset managers and other financial institutions in a variety of transactional real estate matters, including joint venture investments, acquisitions and dispositions, and financings. Michael has experience negotiating and resolving complex title, zoning, leasing and environmental issues on behalf of his clients. His practice spans an array of real estate classes, including industrial, office and multifamily, as well as agricultural investments.
During law school, Michael was a member of the Boston University Law Review and served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Nathaniel M. Gorton of the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
- Ongoing representation of an investment manager in the acquisition, disposition, development and financing of industrial properties, including negotiating, structuring and administering joint venture vehicles valued at more than $600M.
- Represented an investment manager and its operating partner in the acquisition and financing of a medical office portfolio with a purchase price of approximately $90M.
- Worked with an institutional investor on the recapitalization of a multi-family portfolio comprised of more than three thousand housing units valued at approximately $1B.
- Represented a special situations private equity fund in the negotiation of programmatic joint venture arrangements with regional and national operating partners to acquire, develop, lease, finance and sell agricultural assets throughout the United States, including vineyards and citrus groves in California, apple orchards in Washington and various farm and rangeland properties in Florida.
- Worked with a global investment manager on the acquisition of a portfolio of multifamily assets in Arizona valued at more than $100M.
- Represented a tenant pro bono in Massachusetts Housing Court in favorable resolution of a security deposit dispute with a landlord.