Eve Ellis is a partner in Ropes & Gray’s asset management group specializing in financial services regulation.
Eve provides advice across a broad range of regulatory matters with a particular focus on fund regulation and has done so for over 15 years. In the latest edition of The Legal 500, clients describe Eve as “excellent,” “personable, accessible, very knowledgeable and commercially-focused.” Peers comment they are “impressed by her knowledge and commitment.” Eve also has an in-depth understanding of fund formation matters, allowing her to provide complex regulatory advice in context.
Eve regularly advises on issues relating to:
- the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive;
- the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive;
- the market abuse regime;
- fund structuring;
- the marketing of financial products;
- whether FCA authorization is required;
- financial crime;
- the establishment of regulated businesses in the UK;
- change of control applications in the context of M&A and re-structuring transactions;
- the interpretation of the FCA rules.
Ropes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).