Kayla Fourie is an associate in the Ropes & Gray asset management group. Kayla trained at the firm’s London office and gained experience in the asset management, finance, private equity and antitrust teams.
Kayla advises private fund managers on fund formation and co-investments, pursuing a wide range of strategies including private equity, real estate, venture capital and credit funds and within a number of jurisdictions. She also advises fund-of-funds, pension funds and sovereign wealth funds on their primary, secondary and co-investment programs.
Kayla was previously seconded to Round Hill Capital where she supported the legal team.
Kayla has experience advising:
- Nexus Point Advisors HK Limited on the structuring and fundraising of its second Greater China flagship fund and various co-investment opportunities.
- Incus Capital Advisors SA on the structuring and fundraising of its fourth European credit fund, reaching its hard cap of €650 million.
- Limerston Capital LLP on the structuring and closing of its second fund and with respect to secondaries transactions in relation to its primary fund.
- A European venture capital manager investing in finance, health, real estate and work technology businesses on formation and structuring.
- A European real estate asset manager on the structuring and marketing of its second flagship fund.
- A European alternative asset manager in relation to its English law governed feeder fund documentation.
- A British private equity and venture capital manager in relation to its carry vehicle.
Additionally, Kayla represents numerous investor clients, including pension funds, sovereign wealth funds and fund of funds, in connection with, primary transactions, secondary transactions and co-investments, including with respect to fund reviews and negotiations of the LPA and side letter terms in their private equity, real estate, venture capital and seed funds.