Leigh Fraser is a partner in the asset management group, co-head of the firm’s private funds practice and head of the firm’s derivatives and commodities practice. Leigh has significant experience forming onshore and offshore private funds, and advising these entities and their sponsors on an ongoing basis with respect to regulatory matters and structuring new investment products.
She also advises a variety of financial institutions, including hedge funds, investment advisors, mutual funds, and endowments, on derivatives and arrangements with brokers and custodians, as well as related regulatory matters under the Dodd-Frank Act.
- Represents investment advisory firms with respect to the launch and operation of their range of onshore and offshore hedge funds, including equity funds, fixed income funds, currency funds, asset allocation funds, and funds that invest in illiquid assets.
- Represents a preeminent U.K. investment advisor with respect to its U.S. private funds and offering of its European funds on a private placement basis in the United States.
- Advises many “buy side” clients, including hedge funds, mutual funds, investment advisers, and endowments, with respect to the impact of the derivatives provisions of the Dodd-Frank Act and related rulemakings.
- Regularly advises our “buy side” clients on the negotiation of ISDA Master Agreements, master derivatives confirmations, triparty agreements for collateral posted under ISDA Master Agreements, Master Repurchase Agreements, Global Master Repurchase Agreements and securities lending agreements.
- Regularly advises our hedge fund clients on the negotiation of prime brokerage agreements and term commitments.