Jane is Ropes & Gray's Women’s Advancement Leader, focusing on advancing the firm's goals with respect to our women lawyers. She is the former co-head of the firm's mergers & acquisitions group for North America and a former managing partner of the firm's Boston office.
Jane is a deal lawyer who has advised a wide range of public and private companies and their boards of directors with respect to corporate governance, securities regulation and general legal matters, as well as representing investment banking firms serving in financial advisory roles. She also has extensive experience counseling U.S. companies in the retail and consumer products industry.
Representative clients include adidas AG, Oscar de la Renta Ltd., General Catalyst, Charlesbank Capital, The TJX Companies, Stride Consumer Partners, Exeter Capital, L.P., PJT Partners and Joseph Altuzarra.
Retail & Consumer Brands
- Represented Dunkin’ Brands Group Inc., one of the leading franchisors of quick service restaurants, including Dunkin’ and Baskin-Robbins, in its $11.3 billion sale to Inspire Brands Inc.
- Represented Town Fair Tire in its sale to Mavis Tire Express Services.
- Represented The TJX Companies, Inc., the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, in its $4 billion registered note offering.
- Represented the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Vince Holding Corp., a global luxury apparel and accessories brand, in connection with the acquisition of Rebecca Taylor and Parker.
- Represented the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of DAVIDsTEA in its proxy contest with 46% holder Herschel Segal, which resulted in the election of a new seven director slate.
- Represented Exeter Capital in partnering with NOBULL, a high growth athletic footwear, apparel and accessory brand.
- Represented Multi Packaging Solutions Limited, a leading global provider of print-based specialty packaging solutions, in its $2.28 billion sale to WestRock Company
- Represented Maple Leaf Foods, Inc. in its $140 million acquisition of Lightlife Foods, Inc., a leading manufacturer and brand of refrigerated plant-based protein foods in the U.S.
- Represented adidas AG in its sale of Mitchell & Ness Nostalgia Co. Inc., a sports clothing company specializing in nostalgia headwear and apparel
- Represented The Strategic Alternatives Special Committee for Market Basket, a chain of discount supermarkets in the northeast, in its $1.5 billion sale
- Represented Marquee Brands LLC in its
- acquisition of Body Glove, the California-based outdoor sports and surf brand
- acquisition of British men’s clothing brand Ben Sherman and its related intellectual property assets from Oxford Industries, Inc.
- Represented DAVIDsTEA, a provider of a selection of loose-leaf teas, pre-packaged teas, tea sachets, and tea-related gifts and accessories, in its IPO
- Represented Reebok International Ltd. in its sale of The Rockport Company, a New England-based designer and manufacturer of footwear and accessories
- Represented Joseph Altuzarra, a designer of women’s luxury goods, in its sale of a minority interest to Kering SA
- Represented Castanea Partners in its
- investment in The Bruery LLC, a craft brewery
- investment in Yasso, Inc., a manufacturer of novelty ice cream bars
- investment in Donald J. Pliner, Inc., a designer of men’s and women’s footwear and accessories
- investment in Proenza Schouler, LLC, a leading footwear and accessories designer
- investment in Thymes, LLC, a creator of curated fragrance collections across the bath and body and home fragrance categories
- investment in Essentia Water, a leading provider of alkaline drinking water
- Represented Advent International Corp., Berkshire Partners LLC, Weston Presidio and Party City in the $2.69 billion sale of a majority stake of Party City, an operator and franchisor of party goods and supplies stores, to Thomas H. Lee Partners LP
- Represented Timberland Company, a footwear company, in its $2.23 billion sale to V.F. Corporation
- Represented Keurig Green Mountain in its acquisitions of Van Houtte, Inc., Diedrich Coffee, Timothy’s Coffees of the World, Inc., and Tully’s Coffee Corporation
Technology, Media & Telecommunications
- Represented Mercury Systems in its $100 million acquisition of American Panel Corporation, a leading innovator in large area display technology.
- Represented OGSystems, a provider of advanced technologies for geospatial intelligence, big data analytics, and threat mitigation, in its acquisition by Parsons.
- Represented Best Doctors, the world’s leading expert medical consultation company focused on improving health outcomes for the most complex, critical and costly medical issues, in its $440 million sale to Teladoc, Inc.
- Advised HDT Global in a definitive agreement to be acquired by an affiliate of Nexus Capital Management from Charlesbank Capital Partners
- Represented a coalition of investors, including General Catalyst Venture Partners, in a $20 million investment in Black Duck Software, a Burlington, Massachusetts-based open source software firm
- Represented The Special Committee of Ness Technologies, an information technology company, in its $337 million sale to Citi Venture Capital
- Represented Bain Capital in its sale of Loews Cineplex Entertainment, an international motion picture theatre company
- Represented Bain Capital in its $3.36 billion sale of Houghton Mifflin, Inc., a provider of content, services, and technology solutions for educational institutions and consumers
- Project Validate. Ropes & Gray attorneys partnered with the GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders and the Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition to launch the Transgender ID Project, an initiative created to provide guidance to transgender clients in six New England states with respect to the legal processes related to name changes, including updates to name and gender on federal and state documents.
- Boston Impact Initiative. Advised the Boston Impact Initiative (“BII”), a group that grants and loans funds to community-based businesses and organizations, in the creation of a social impact fund to support BII’s investment work with entrepreneurs in low-income neighborhoods and communities of color, including its investments in:
- DoneGood LLC, an app that helps users discover companies with ethical practices
- Sunwealth Note Pool 1 LLC, a pioneering clean energy investment firm
- Renew NGO Retrofits, a project development firm that specializes in energy efficiency retrofits in New England
- Chocolate Therapy, Inc., a chocolate shop dedicated to providing customers with locally produced chocolates in innovative flavors
- Lawyers Clearinghouse. Represented Lawyers Clearinghouse in two of its nonprofit entity formation matters.
- Rosie’s Place Debt Clinic. Participated in Rosie’s Debt Clinic, a weekly clinic started and administered by Ropes & Gray attorneys in an effort to assist women at the shelter with consumer debt issues.