Rich focuses his practice on representing real estate private equity funds, institutional investors, sovereign wealth funds, colleges and universities, endowments, tax-exempt entities, private equity funds, and REITs with respect to their investments in real estate and natural resources. Rich has extensive experience negotiating and structuring funds, joint ventures, ground leases and unsecured and secured debt, as well advising on the acquisition, leasing, disposition and financing of real estate investments in the United States, Asia and Europe. Rich also has extensive experience advising real estate fund sponsors in connection with fund formations.
- Represents Allianz Real Estate of America in the negotiating and structuring of complex real estate co-investments, fund investments and club joint ventures.
- Represents Bain Capital Real Estate in evaluating, negotiating and structuring real estate investments directly as well as through joint ventures, funds, co-investments and management arrangements with international, national, regional and local sponsors, operators and managers.
- Represents a variety of private equity sponsors and corporate clients including Bain Capital in connection with the real estate aspects of corporate acquisitions and dispositions, including structuring and negotiation of occupancy leases, acquisition and disposition agreements, sale-leasebacks, and portfolio and individual asset mortgage and mezzanine financings.
- Represents a variety of corporate, health care, college and university and other tax exempt clients with regard to their corporate real estate needs to further their business, including structuring and negotiating acquisitions, dispositions, leases and ground leases.
- Represents a variety of endowments and sovereign wealth funds, in connection with the negotiation and structuring of investments in real estate, agriculture, timber and other natural resources through funds, joint ventures and co-investments, including exit planning.