Jay Kim is a former co-head of the global finance group. Jay focuses on leveraged finance, cross-border financings and other complex structured transactions, including acquisition financing commitments, syndicated loan financings, high-yield bond offerings, junior capital and structured transactions. Jay regularly represents Advent, Blackstone, CCMP, TPG and other leading private equity sponsors as well as public and private corporate issuers in a variety of industries with their financing needs.
Jay is recognized by Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business as a leading attorney in Banking and Finance who “thinks five steps ahead of the deal” and is recognized as “very creative, smart and tenacious” by Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business.
- HMAN Group Holdings, Inc. (now Hillman Solutions Corp. listed on NASDAQ) and its subsidiaries (collectively, “Hillman”) in $1.47 billion of debt financing commitments in connection with the merger of a subsidiary of Landcadia Holdings III, Inc., a special purpose acquisition company and redeeming long outstanding trust preferred securities. Previously represented Hillman in over $1.5 billion of ABL revolving facilities, senior secured term loan facilities and senior unsecured notes.
- PQ Corporation in modifying its $250M ABL revolving facilities, refinancing its $950 million of senior secured term loan facilities, prepaying $650 million of “sidecar” senior secured term loan facilities and redeeming $625 million of high yield bonds to permit, and restructure its organizational and debt structure in connection with, the sale of its global performance chemicals division to Koch Minerals & Trading and Cerberus Capital.
- Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions in US$530 million of 1st lien credit facilities and C$195 million of 2nd lien credit facilities in connection with the acquisition by CCMP Capital of the global businesses of Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions, including in Canada, Australia, the U.S., Europe and APAC.
- Aimbridge Hospitality Holdings, LLC in $455 million of 1st and 2nd lien credit facilities in relation to the acquisition of Aimbridge Hospitality by Advent International.
- McAfee, LLC in approximately $4.76 billion of 1st lien (including euro tranches) and 2nd lien credit facilities. McAfee, a leading global independent cybersecurity company, was formed by TPG Capital and Intel Corporation.
- Eating Recovery Center in $325 million of 1st and 2nd lien credit facilities in relation to the acquisition of Eating Recovery Center by CCMP Capital.
- Change Healthcare, LLC in $6.6 billion of senior credit facilities and high yield bonds, in relation to the creation of a new information technology company by The Blackstone Group, Change Healthcare Holdings, Inc. and McKesson Corporation.
- Hayward Industries in $1.535 billion of ABL, 1st and 2nd lien credit facilities in relation to the acquisition of Hayward Industries by CCMP Capital and Hayward’s subsequent add-on acquisitions and capital structure optimization.
- Truck Hero, Inc. on its $1.025 billion of 1st and 2nd lien credit facilities in relation to the acquisition of Truck Hero by CCMP Capital and a $335 million secured notes offering to fund a business combination with Lund International.
- AccentCare, Inc. in obtaining commitments for $600 million of ABL revolving credit facilities, 1st lien cash flow revolving and term loan credit facilities and a 2nd credit facility in connection with the acquisition of AccentCare by Advent International expected to close June 2018.
- Genoa, a QoL Healthcare Company in $1.3 billion of 1st and 2nd lien credit facilities in relation to the acquisition of Genoa by Advent International and Genoa’s dividend recapitalization transaction.
- Ansira Holdings, Inc. on its $300 million unitranche credit facilities in relation to the acquisition of Ansira by Advent International.
- Pactera Technology International on its $370 million of revolving credit facilities and senior secured high yield notes, which was the first high yield bond offering for a China-based company, in relation to the acquisition of China-based Pactera by The Blackstone Group.
- The Weather Channel Companies in its $4.125 billion of aggregate financing including $1.8 billion in financing in connection with the acquisition of The Weather Channel Companies by The Blackstone Group and Bain Capital, together with NBC Universal, and $2.325 billion of recapitalization transactions.
- Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. on its $1.62 billion in credit facilities and high yield bonds in relation to the acquisition of Par by TPG Capital.
- Dunkin’ Brands on its $1.975 billion in credit facilities and high yield bonds for the leveraged recapitalization and the refinancing of its “whole business securitization.”