Justin Kliger is a partner in the asset management group who works with investment funds through all stages of a fund’s life cycle. In his practice, Justin advises leading sponsors and investors in private funds, among them Bain Capital, Crosspoint Capital Partners, Hamilton Lane and Harvard Management Company.
Justin counsels private fund advisers on formation and governance issues. His fundraising work spans asset classes, with a primary focus on buyout funds, credit funds and funds of funds. In addition, Justin represents institutional investors in a range of alternative investments, taking a cooperative and practical approach to achieve desired commercial results.
Justin considers each client’s goals and challenges thoughtfully, giving equal attention to the big picture and the salient details. Recognizing the flexibility inherent in fund and investment structuring, Justin enjoys coming up with creative solutions for clients. In helping clients achieve their goals, Justin relies on his significant market knowledge and deep experience negotiating for both sponsors and investors.
Justin is committed to pro bono service and giving back to his community. A lifelong fan of the Discovery Museum, a popular children’s museum complex in greater Boston, Justin now serves as a director. He has also advised pro bono clients on a range of corporate matters, including innovative private funds with varying impact objectives.
- Guided private funds to above-target fundraises across asset classes and market cycles.
- Crafted various fund-of-one tailored vehicles, as well as drafted investment management agreements and separately managed accounts.
- Negotiated on behalf of institutions and seed investors in “spinoff” transactions and other first-time funds with target sizes from $100 million to over $1 billion, including related revenue sharing arrangements.
- Structured evergreen and other long-dated fund solutions for clients.
- Counseled sponsors with management team transitions and generational transfers.
- Advised sponsor regarding acquisition of a private fund complex.
- Partnered with pro bono client in structuring of investment fund designed to promote equity investment in real estate for public good.