Adam represents leading private equity firms and strategic investors across industries in a range of transactions. Known for being commercially focused, Adam helps companies structure and negotiate leveraged buyouts, cross-border transactions, public and private mergers and acquisitions, asset management transactions and liquidity events. He also provides advice on operational questions related to portfolio companies, including in the areas of corporate governance, regulatory investigations, litigation, management equity, labor and restructurings.
Adam helps clients in many industries and verticals, including technology, health care, life sciences, industrials, consumer and asset management. In working with Adam, clients say that Adam “punches above his weight” and is an exceptional relationship lawyer. These tributes reflect Adam’s deep attention to understanding a client’s goals and furthering their objectives throughout the transaction lifecycle.
Representative Private Equity and Strategic Transactions
- Represented PSG Equity in its minority investment in Utility Associates, a leader in software and hardware solutions for law enforcement and first responders, including digital video documentation and evidence storage.
- Represented Audax Group in its acquisition of Medi-Weightloss, an operator of physician-supervised weight-loss and wellness clinics.
- Represented Audax Group in its investment in BlueCat Networks, a provider of network infrastructure.
- Represented Audax Group in its sale of Smart Care Equipment Solutions, a provider of comprehensive commercial kitchen equipment repair and maintenance services.
- Represented Audax Group in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Centerline Communications, a company that specializes in the development, operations and maintenance of telecommunications networks.
- Represented Advent International in connection with its acquisition and sale of Genoa Healthcare, the leading behavioral health specialty pharmacy company in the US.
- Represented Alexion Pharmaceuticals in its acquisition of Enobia Pharma for $610 million in cash plus contingent consideration.
- Represented Audax Group in its sale of Advanced Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery, Senneca Holdings and Numotion
- Represented Audax Group in its acquisition of Gentle Dental, Ecolab Equipment Care, Wellspring Consumer Healthcare, Proud Moments and Phoenix Rehabilitation and Health Services.
- Represented Audax Group in the strategic merger of ATG Rehab with United Seating & Mobility.
- Represented Bain Capital in its $18 billion acquisition of Toshiba Memory.
- Represented Bain Capital in its acquisition of Innocor, a leading foam products maker, from Sun Capital Partners.
- Represented Bain Capital in its sale of Blackhawk Specialty Tools to Frank’s International for a combination of cash and equity consideration valued at $321 million.
- Represented TI Automotive, a portfolio company of Bain Capital, in connection with its acquisition of Millennium Industries Corporation.
- Represented Bain Capital in its $1 billion investment in Genpact, Ltd., a worldwide business process and technology management service provider.
- Represented Charlesbank Capital Partners in connection with its acquisition of HDT Global.
- Represented Providence Equity Partners in connection with its acquisition of Vistage.
- Represented Aptalis, a portfolio company of TPG Capital, in connection with its $400 million dividend recapitalization transaction, corporate restructuring and $2.9 billion sale to Forest Laboratories.
- Represented TPG Capital in its $394 million take-private acquisition of Gelson’s Markets.
- Represented The TJX Companies in its acquisition of Trade Secret, an Australian off-price retailer.
- Represented The TJX Companies in its $200 million acquisition of Sierra Trading Post, an off-price internet retailer.
Representative Investment Management Transactions
- Represented 3i Group PLC in connection with its strategic North American infrastructure transaction.
- Represented Landmark Partners, LLC in connection with strategic partnership and sale to OM Asset Management plc.
- Represented Natixis Global Asset Management in connection with its divestment of certain affiliated investment firms.
- Represented Benefit Street Partners in connection with its acquisition of Business Development Corporation of America, a publicly registered non-traded BDC.
- Represented Benefit Street Partners in connection with its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Triangle Capital Corporation.
- Represented Strategic Investment Group in its sale to Friedman Fleischer & Lowe, LLC.
- Represented SteelPath Capital Management in its sale to Oppenheimer Funds, Inc.
Representative Other Transactions
- Advise Baillie Gifford Overseas Limited and John Hancock Investment Management in various venture and growth capital investments in the U.S. and overseas.
- Represented Keurig Green Mountain in ongoing governance, securities law compliance and reporting matters.