Emily Oldshue brings a leading transactional lawyer’s perspective to mergers and acquisitions and the full range of capital markets transactions. Her insight into how to navigate challenging business issues and complex transactions has made her a trusted advisor for a diverse base of public and private companies, investment banks and private equity funds.
Clients involved in capital markets transactions benefit from Emily’s broad perspective—she represents issuers and underwriters across industries and draws on her extensive securities law experience to help clients manage complicated disclosure issues and execute successful transactions. Emily’s strategic M&A experience is equally broad, and includes spin-offs, cross-border deals, divestitures and bolt-ons, as well as a variety of other complex strategic transactions.
In addition to her transactional work, Emily counsels clients on ongoing corporate governance matters, including ESG.
Emily’s passion for helping clients achieve their goals extends to her pro bono practice. She leads Ropes & Gray’s name change project, a collaboration with GLAD that matches attorneys with transgender clients seeking assistance with the legal name change and gender marker update process. She also represents clients through the firm’s medical-legal partnership, which matches patients of Dorchester House, Boston Medical Center and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute seeking legal assistance with attorney volunteers. In recognition of her commitment to pro bono service, Emily was selected to participate in the Boston Bar Association’s 2018 Public Interest Leadership Program.
Represented public and private acquirers, sellers and targets in domestic and cross-border M&A and private equity transactions.
- Pfizer in its acquisition of Biohaven Pharmaceutical (BVI), immediately following a spin-off of non-core Biohaven assets
- Pfizer in its acquisition of Arena Pharmaceuticals
- Pfizer in its acquisition of Trillium Therapeutics (Canada)
- Medtronic in its divestiture of investments in more than 70 portfolio companies
- Medtronic in its acquisition of Mazor Robotics (Israel)
- Becton Dickinson in its acquisition of the MedKeeper business of Grifols (Spain)
- Becton Dickinson in its acquisition of NAT Diagnostics
- Becton Dickinson in its acquisition of the medical business of CUBEX
- Becton Dickinson in its acquisition of GenCell Biosystems (Ireland)
- AskBio in its dual-track process resulting in its sale to Bayer
- Aptalis Holdings in its dual-track process resulting in its sale to Forest Laboratories
- Consortium of Boston hospitals in transactions involving the sale of a tri-gen power plant servicing Longwood Medical and Academic Area institutions
- Sandbridge Acquisition Corporation in its business combination with Owlet
- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals in its merger of equals with Novelion Therapeutics (Canada)
- National Amusements in an asset sale transaction
- Private Equity
- TriArtisan Capital Advisors in its acquisition of a majority position in TGI Friday’s
- BlackRock in more than twenty co-investment transactions across industries, including investments in American Express Global Business Travel and Alibaba
- TPG Capital in its acquisition of J. Crew
- Symmetry Surgical in its sale to RoundTable Healthcare Partners
- Bain Capital Ventures in successive investments in Thorley Industries
Advised issuers, underwriters and initial purchasers in IPOs, follow-on offerings and registered and unregistered note offerings across a variety of sectors, including life sciences, consumer, climate and clean energy, food and beverage, financial services, technology and manufacturing. Representative experience includes offerings by
- Autolus Therapeutics (England and Wales)
- CRISPR Therapeutics (Switzerland)
- HOOKIPA Pharma (Austria)
- Fulcrum Therapeutics
- Karyopharm Therapeutics
- Dunkin’ Brands
- Sandbridge Acquisition Corporation
- Sandbridge X2 Corp.
- USHG Acquisition Corp. (Union Square Hospitality Group)
- Climate Change Crisis Real Impact I Acquisition Corporation
- Climate Real Impact Solutions II Acquisition Corporation
- Freedom Acquisition I Corp. (Cayman)
- NextGen Acquisition Corp. (Cayman)
- NextGen Acquisition Corp. II (Cayman)
- Norcraft Companies
- PennantPark Investment Corp.