Matthew Ruffe is an associate practicing in the real estate investments & transactions group. Matt routinely represents private equity clients, investors, hedge funds and other financial institutions in a wide variety of transactional real estate matters, including joint ventures for real estate investments and acquisitions, dispositions, financings and recapitalizations of real estate assets.
During law school, Matt served as the senior note development editor for the Boston University Law Review and as a judicial intern with the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Ongoing representation of a global investment and advisory firm in connection with the negotiation, structuring and formation of real estate joint ventures, funds and other “hybrid” type investments, involving transactions with multiple operating partners focused on both equity and debt-related assets located throughout the United States.
- Representation of a large investment fund in connection with multiple joint venture platforms to acquire, develop and lease data center sites located throughout the United States and Europe with an anticipated aggregate commitment of up to $750 million.
- Ongoing representation of a global private markets investment manager in the recapitalization of a number of office, industrial and multi-family real estate assets located throughout the United States, typically structured through joint venture arrangements, and the development, financing and disposition of such assets.
- Ongoing representation of Bain Capital Real Estate in connection with programmatic joint ventures, preferred share offerings and the acquisition, development and financing of real estate assets throughout the United States.
- Representation of an international real estate investor in the negotiation of multi-tier joint venture structures to acquire real estate assets throughout the United States.