Dehmeh Smith joined Ropes & Gray in 2021 as an associate in the antitrust practice group. Dehmeh’s practice involves representing clients in all aspects of antitrust matters, including mergers and acquisitions, compliance counseling and investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice, Federal Trade Commission and state antitrust authorities.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Dehmeh worked at another leading global law firm, where he has advised clients in a variety of industries, including transportation, steel manufacturing, construction, telecommunications and technology, and where he successfully guided multiple clients involved in investigations by both federal and state antitrust authorities. While in law school, Dehmeh externed for the Federal Trade Commission, Mergers IV division.
- Advised Bain Capital and Dessert Holdings in its acquisitions of Steven Charles and Dianne’s Fine Desserts.
- Advised TPG Capital in its $1.4 billion acquisition of NexTech from Thomas H. Lee Partners.
- Advised TPG Capital in its $2 billion sale of Immucor, Inc. to Werfen.
- Advised New Mountain Capital and Cloudmed in its sale to R1 RCM, Inc.
- Represented Baring Private Equity Asia in the sale of the global surgical business of Lumenis LTD to Boston Scientific.
- Advised CIRCOR International in its pending $1.5 billion take-private sale to global investment firm KKR.
- Represented Medtronic in its acquisition of Affera, Inc.
- Represented Pfizer in its acquisition of Trillium Therapeutics Inc.
- Represented one of two merging hospitals in an investigation by the Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office that closed without issue.
- Represented Verizon Communications in its acquisition of TracFone Wireless.*
- Advised leading global technology firm on contracts and contracting practices with potential partners. *
- Represented Bombardier Inc. in successful acquisition by Alstom SA of Bombardier Transportation.*
- Successfully defended leading global technology firm in investigation by a state attorney general into alleged anticompetitive practices.*
- Represented Cleveland-Cliffs in its successful acquisition of AK Steel.*
- Represented USG in successful acquisition by Gebr. Knauf.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray