Jeremy is a partner in the asset management group. Jeremy’s practice focuses on advising ETFs, mutual funds and closed-end funds, their independent directors, and investment advisers. Jeremy advises clients regularly regarding the establishment, registration, and operation of retail and institutional investment products, including ETFs, closed-end funds and wrap products. He has significant experience structuring and representing registered funds with alternative investment strategies. Jeremy regularly assists clients experiencing or anticipating compliance, examination, enforcement, or other regulatory issues with the Securities and Exchange Commission and other regulatory agencies. He also has extensive experience with exchange listing and compliance matters.
- Serves as counsel to the DoubleLine Funds and their board of directors with respect to a broad range of regulatory and compliance matters, including the creation of new products.
- Advises Goldman Sachs Asset Management regarding investment advisory matters related to its ETFs, mutual funds and its other asset management businesses.
- Serves as counsel to Thrivent ETF Trust in respect of the organization, registration and launch of its first ETFs, including ETFs using a semi-transparent active model.
- Serves as counsel to the Brighthouse Funds and Brighthouse Investment Advisers, LLC (formerly the MetLife Funds and MetLife Advisers, LLC), a fund complex with over $100 billion in assets under management.
- Acts regularly as issuer counsel in respect of closed-end investment company initial public offerings, most recently as counsel to DoubleLine Yield Opportunities Fund, DoubleLine Income Solutions Fund and DoubleLine Opportunistic Credit Fund.
- Acted as counsel to closed-end fund issuers in respect of a $600 million offering of mandatory redeemable preferred shares.
- Served as counsel to a family of funds employing merger-arbitrage, event-driven and other alternative strategies for over ten years, including through the course of the sale of the fund family’s investment adviser to a strategic acquirer.
- Advised a London-based investment adviser on the launch and operation of its U.S. mutual funds and related businesses.