Patrick focuses on white-collar criminal defense and governmental investigations. He has represented companies under investigation by the Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, Congress, and other federal and state authorities. He has extensive experience advising clients in the pharmaceutical, medical device, and energy sectors on compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, the Anti-Kickback Statute, the False Claims Act, and state consumer protection laws.
Patrick’s pro bono practice has included the representation of individuals in federal immigration court, a non-profit organization in a challenge to a state agency’s interpretation of an environmental statute, and an individual in a civil rights action against a municipal agency.
- Representing biotechnology company in investigation by Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Conducted internal investigations on behalf of client involving allegations of bribery and violations of company policy in Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, the UAE, and Kuwait.
- Assisted an energy company with the creation and implementation of a global anti‐corruption program. Conducted interviews and due diligence on potential joint venture partners and agents in countries throughout Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
- Represented a medical device company and a major pharmaceutical company in separate resolutions of federal criminal investigations involving violations of the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.
- Conducted an internal investigation into allegations of research misconduct for a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company. Conducted numerous interviews and coordinated a large, multidisciplinary team. At the completion of the investigation, assisted the client with the implementation of discipline decisions and the improvement of internal controls.
- Conducted internal investigations for a U.S.‐based multinational medical device company involving anti-corruption issues in several Latin American countries. Advised client on implementation of compliance policies in response to investigative findings
- Represented a diagnostic laboratory in a federal investigation concerning the marketing and billing of the lab’s services, including alleged anti-kickback and false claims act violations.
- Represented pharmaceutical company in negotiations with a coalition of States Attorneys’ General investigating allegations of promotional misconduct.