Dan Zuckerman is a partner in the tax practice. Dan’s practice focuses on various tax and commercial considerations in connection with a wide variety of commercial transactions, including in particular the formation and operation of private equity and hedge funds and other investment partnerships and managed investment arrangements, both domestic and internationally. He also advises clients on the tax aspects of transactional matters such as fund recaps, acquisitions, joint ventures, and co-investments. Dan regularly advises sponsors of private funds including equity funds, debt funds (including “treaty” funds), funds-of-funds, hedge funds, and funds focused on niche asset classes, and also advises investors including sovereign wealth funds, funds-of-funds, public pensions, endowments, and family offices.
- Represented Thomas H. Lee Partners in the formation and operation of:
- multiple Thomas H. Lee Equity Funds, totaling over $10 billion;
- its $900 million THL Automation Fund; and
- multiple GP-led secondary transactions.
- Represented Kohlberg & Company in the formation and operation of its:
- $2.2 billion Kohlberg Investors VIII;
- $3.4 billion Kohlberg Investors IX; and
- the GP-led $1.1 billion secondary transaction involving the formation of Kohlberg Investors VII CV.
- Represented Dragoneer Investment Group in the formation and operation of multiple funds and in multiple offerings.
- Represented SVPGlobal in the formation and operation of its:
- $2.85 Strategic Value Special Situations Funds IV; and
- $5 billion Strategic Value Special Situations Funds V.
- Represented issuers and underwriters in offering over 50 SPACs, and in related sponsor structuring.
- Represented Pfizer in its $17 billion acquisition of Hospira.