Marko advises public and private companies and investment funds, including their boards of directors and special committees, in mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate governance issues and other complex transactions. His experience covers a broad range of industries, including life sciences, medical device, energy/infrastructure, semiconductor, technology, financial services and retail and consumer.
Marko also serves as co-chair of the firm's practice group covering mergers & acquisitions, capital markets & corporate governance, intellectual property and venture capital.
- Eversource Energy in its recently announced sale of the undeveloped portion of its offshore wind lease area to Orsted.
- MACOM Technology Solutions in its recently announced definitive agreement to acquire the RF Business from Wolfspeed and its acquisition of Linearizer Communications Group.
- Ginkgo Bioworks in its combination with Zymergen Inc. in a stock-for-stock merger.
- BD, most recently in its sale of its surgical instruments platform to STERIS and its acquisitions of Parata Systems, Venclose, Tissuemed, Velano Vascular and NAT Diagnostics.
- Eversource Energy in its acquisition of Columbia Gas of Massachusetts, for $1.1 billion.
- ProSight Global, a specialty insurance company, in its $586 million sale to investment funds affiliated with TowerBrook Capital Partners.
- LPL Financial in its joint acquisition with Macquarie of Waddell & Reed and carve-out acquisition of the wealth management business of Waddell & Reed, as well as its acquisition of Allen & Company, acquisition of Lucia Securities and other strategic transactions.
- Aquarion Water in its acquisitions of New England Service Company and of The Torrington Water Company.
- Eversource Energy in its acquisition of Aquarion Water Company, the largest private water company in the New England region, for $1.675 billion including debt.
- A consortium of hospitals in a sale transaction for a tri-gen power plant servicing the hospitals.
- Eversource Energy in its joint venture with Orsted AS, the global leader in offshore wind power, to develop deepwater offshore wind farms off the coast of the New England states, including in the acquisition of Deepwater Wind.
- Veolia Energy in its divestiture of certain west coast district energy assets to Enwave and its acquisition of Enovity, a building commissioning and energy services company.
- Novavax in its cross-border tender offer for the outstanding shares of Isconova, a Sweden-based publicly traded vaccine adjuvant company.
- Pfizer in its acquisition of Hospira for approximately $17 billion and its acquisition of Excaliard Pharmaceuticals.
- Wright Medical in its merger of equals with Tornier NV and with the sale of its OrthoRecon business to Hong Kong-based MicroPort Scientific Corporation.
- Veolia Energy and I Squared Capital in their joint acquisition of the Kendall Square Power Station, a 256-megawatt producer of electrical and steam energy.
- Covidien in its $2.6 billion acquisition of ev3, Inc.