In today’s climate of ever-increasing global enforcement, it is critical that companies and individuals involved in international business transactions understand and comply with provisions of anti-corruption laws, as well as those related to economic sanctions and export control regulations.
Ropes & Gray’s award winning anti-corruption and international risk practice consists of former federal prosecutors and SEC enforcement attorneys who have extensive experience handling regulatory and enforcement initiatives in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and the Americas. Firm-wide, our attorneys are fluent in 46 languages and possess an in-depth understanding of our clients’ businesses and industries, as well as the cultural environments in which they operate.
Click the map to view Ropes & Gray’s extensive anti-corruption experience around the world:
Working hand-in-hand with colleagues from our leading government enforcement, securities enforcement and litigation, private equity, life sciences, FDA, and investment management practices, our attorneys frequently handle matters involving:
- Anti-corruption laws, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and the U.K. Bribery Act
- Economic sanctions and export control regulations, including those enforced by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) of the U.S. Department of the Treasury, the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) of the U.S. Department of Commerce and the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) of the U.S. Department of State
- Anti-money laundering laws and regulations, including the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act and the Proceeds of Crime Act
- Anti-boycott laws enforced by BIS and the Department of Treasury
Using our experience and knowledge of anti-corruption related laws, our attorneys handle:
- Criminal, civil and administrative investigations and enforcement actions conducted by federal and state law enforcement, as well as by foreign governments
- Internal investigations of potential violations of laws
- The design and implementation of global compliance programs
- Counseling and due diligence with regard to risks involved in multinational transactions
Our clients include multinational conglomerates, financial institutions, private equity firms, and mutual funds, as well as their officers and directors. We work across every industry whose participants engage in global business transactions, including health care and life sciences, financial services, private equity, transportation, manufacturing and energy.