Ropes & Gray provides a comprehensive suite of risk assessment and advisory services. By focusing on the entire enterprise rather than on specific areas of risk or particular geographies, we enable organizations to identify, monitor, and mitigate or eliminate risks at all levels.
To evaluate potential risks across your enterprise, Ropes & Gray interviews key stakeholders throughout your global operations and produces a comprehensive report on your risks in various areas. We then make recommendations by practice area and assist with their implementation, monitoring and reporting.
By leveraging all of our deep experience, we are able to quickly and effectively translate our analysis into action, maximizing time and cost efficiencies while dramatically reducing your risk exposure.
A Global, Integrated Model
Our practices approach your risks from all directions, leveraging all of Ropes & Gray's leading practices and attorneys to manage and mitigate all your potential legal and regulatory issues around the world and across all industries.
- Anti-Corruption and International Risk: Our global team assists with internal and government investigations, mitigation of international risks in transactions, and implementation of global anti-corruption and risk compliance programs.
- Antitrust: We litigate complex antitrust cases, handle federal and state civil and criminal antitrust investigations, and counsel clients to preempt issues before they affect crucial operations.
- Corporate Governance: We counsel institutional investors on communications with stakeholders, advise public companies on engaging with activists, and represent clients on D&O liability issues and policies.
- Health Care: We have long advised health care clients on complying with the diverse laws and regulations governing the industry, as well as on regulatory issues in connection with transactions.
- Life Sciences: We help life sciences companies mitigate risks posed by the life sciences regulatory regime, implementing global compliance programs for some of the world’s largest pharmaceutical and medical device companies.
- Privacy & Cybersecurity: Our multidisciplinary team consists of litigators and transactional, health care and intellectual property attorneys who work together to counsel clients across industries on compliance with privacy and data security laws and defense against alleged violations.
- Intellectual Property: Our IP team combines legal acumen with technical and scientific knowledge to counsel clients in a wide range of industries on patent litigation, rights management, global protection and enforcement, and domestic and international licensing and transactions.
- Regulatory Compliance: We advise companies on regulatory strategy, hot-button issues, product development and approvals, advertising and promotion, enforcement actions and litigation, congressional investigations and public policy, and transactional support, and we review and recommend updates for compliance policies and procedures, and provide compliance training.
- Supply Chain & CSR: We advise companies on supply chain compliance, responsible sourcing and corporate social responsibility across a wide range of regulations, issues, commodities and geographies.
- Tax: We advise public and private companies, private equity funds and their portfolio companies, asset managers and hedge funds, among many other types of clients, on a broad spectrum of domestic and cross-border tax planning.
- Anti-corruption & International Risk - Serving as global anti-corruption counsel for six of the largest asset management firms in the world, as well as representing 30 additional global asset management firms.
- Antitrust - Cleared some of the most significant mergers of the last decade on behalf of clients such as Bain Capital, Pfizer, Wright Medical Group, Cubist Pharmaceuticals and Apax Partners.
- Health Care - Advised a major medical device manufacturer on international data governance, the launch of an international informatics business, and security and compliance issues.
- Intellectual Property - Performed due diligence on target patent and trademark portfolios for a technology company.
- Liability Insurance - Provided risk management, private equity and hedge fund general partnership liability insurance advice to Bain Capital, Blackstone Group, Harvard Management Company, TPG Capital and many other leading companies and asset managers.
- Life Sciences - Conducted promotional compliance assessments for several pharmaceutical companies to identify high-risk products and promotional practices, and provided recommendations for mitigating identified risks.
- Privacy & Cybersecurity - Performed a privacy and cybersecurity assessment for a consumer products company with operations in more than 100 countries.
- Supply Chain Compliance - Advised a significant number of leading companies on supply chain compliance, responsible sourcing and corporate social responsibility.
- Financial Times—Named to the Innovative Lawyers list for six consecutive years. In 2016, the firm was “commended” for the creation of a suite of anti-corruption analysis tools, including a Global Anti-Corruption Update and the firm’s econometric Anti-Corruption Risk Matrix.
- Chambers Global 2020—Ranked in Corporate Investigations & Anti-Corruption and FCPA
- Chambers USA 2020—Ranked in Corporate Crime & Investigations and FCPA
- Chambers China 2020—Ranked in Corporate Investigations & Anti-Corruption (International Firms)
- Chambers Latin America 2021—Ranked in Corporate Crime & Investigations
- Chambers UK 2021—Ranked in Financial Crime: Corporates
- Global Investigations Review 2020—Ranked in Top 100 Law Firms
- Latinvex 2020—Ranked in Latin America’s Top Law Firms—Overall, FCPA & Fraud, Aviation; Latin America’s Top 100 Lawyers—FCPA & Fraud; Latin America’s Top 100 Female Lawyers—FCPA & Fraud, Trade & Sanctions
- Legal 500 UK 2021—Ranked in Regulatory Investigations and Corporate Crime and Fraud: White Collar Crime
- Legal 500 Latin America 2021—Ranked in Compliance & Investigations