Ropes & Gray’s global antitrust team offers top-flight representation across the full spectrum of antitrust matters. Built around veterans of the U.S. Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission, and including litigators and former prosecutors with deep antitrust experience, our global team has the experience, knowledge, and everyday understanding of business practices to help clients in all areas of antitrust law. Ropes & Gray’s award winning global antitrust practice is regularly ranked among the leading practices by high-profile publications such as Chambers, The Legal 500, Global Competition Review, and U.S. News & World Report.
We litigate complex antitrust cases, including patent-antitrust and price-fixing class actions, in U.S. state and federal courts as well as EU litigations before the UK High Court and the UK Competition Appeal Tribunal. We handle civil and criminal antitrust investigations before antitrust enforcement agencies in the U.S., Europe and Asia. We also represent clients on global cartel matters. Our collective experience before antitrust agencies in the U.S., Europe and Asia allows us to provide a seamless service globally and reflects a variety of strategic factors in decision-making.
The firm’s antitrust group has an extensive record of success representing clients clearing transactions before U.S. antitrust enforcement agencies, including in Second Request investigations, the UK Competition and Markets Authority, the European Commission and other EU institutions. Our leading HSR practice provides companies with clear guidance on regulatory filing requirements and frequently coordinates merger filings in jurisdictions around the world. Our antitrust team also has extensive experience in procuring FDI clearances from agencies worldwide, including notifications under the U.K. NSIA regime, and the EU screening regime.
Our antitrust team works seamlessly across industries with our leading corporate and litigation practices offering clients a full range of services including:
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Chambers USA 2023—Ranked as a leading antitrust firm in Massachusetts and Washington, D.C.
- Chambers UK 2023—Practitioners ranked in “Competition Law”
- The Legal 500 US 2023—Ranked as a leading firm in ‘Merger Control’, ‘Cartels’ and ‘Civil Litigation/Class Actions’
- The Legal 500 UK 2023—Ranked as a leading firm in ‘EU and Competition’
- Global Competition Review 100 2023—Recognized as a leading firm
- U.S. News & World Report-Best Lawyers Best Law Firms 2023—Recommended as a tier 1 firm in ‘Antitrust Law’ and “Litigation – Antitrust”
- The Best Lawyers in America 2023—Practitioners ranked in Antitrust Law and Litigation – Antitrust
- LMG Life Sciences 2023—Highly Recommended in ‘Competition & Antitrust’