Our finance and securities practices are consistently ranked among the world’s best in each area, and have recently received practice-wide and individual lawyer recognition in Chambers USA, The Legal 500, and U.S. News. In the structured finance space, our lawyers are known for their expertise in ABS transactions backed by alternative assets, and in particular for their experience in whole-business securitization. Stemming from our groundbreaking work on the original 2006 Dunkin’ Brands whole-business securitization, Ropes attorneys advise issuers, private equity sponsors and investment banks on a large proportion of the WBS transactions in the market every year.
Our lawyers have experience advising clients in a broad range of structured finance transactions, including extensive experience with both 4(a)(2) and 144A securities offerings, including:
- Whole-business securitizations
- Media and entertainment ABS
- Stranded cost securitizations
- Collateralized loan obligations (“CLOs”) and other loan securitizations
- Trade receivables securitizations and factoring facilities
- Other financings backed by “esoteric” assets