Austin D. Laroche
Austin Laroche is an associate in Ropes and Gray’s corporate department and practices primarily in the life sciences regulatory and compliance group.
While attending law school, Austin won the University of Maryland’s in-house negotiation competition, which later led to representing the school in regional negotiation competitions as a part of the school’s Alternative Dispute Resolution team. He also served as a notes and comments editor for the Journal of Business and Technology Law, a writing fellow, and as a student attorney in the law school’s Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic.
Prior to law school, Austin worked as a chemist for several large-scale, pharmaceutical manufacturers.
- Co-author, “Potential Upheaval For FDA Regulation of Stem Cell Clinics,” Law360 (January 3, 2023)
- Co-author, “FDA’s Proposed Medical Device Rule is Promising, But Hasty,” Law360 (March 23, 2022)
- JD, cum laude, University of Maryland School of Law, 2021; Notes and Comments Editor, Journal of Business and Technology Law; Alternative Dispute Resolution Team
- BS (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology; Chemistry), Bethel University, 2013
Admissions / Qualifications
- District of Columbia, 2021