As technology and life sciences converge into the world of digital health, unique legal and business issues arise. Raising money in this ever-changing industry leaves room for many unanswered questions. Furthermore, once you have the necessary funding, how do you navigate the regulatory, privacy and IP challenges that will ultimately impact a company’s success? It is critical to understand the opportunities and risks these challenges present, and to anticipate what will come next.
Our industry panelists will touch on topics such as:
- How do you raise money effectively and at what stage?
- Are patents a key to success in a digital health world, or should companies focus on trade secret protection?
- Who controls what data and how can data be monetized successfully?
- To what extent does the FDA, HHS and others regulate health data, digital health products and software tools?
- What are the implications of obtaining regulatory reviews and approvals?
- What pricing and reimbursement challenges are digital health players facing?
Confirmed speakers include:
- David Horn, Managing Director, Morgan Stanley
- James Huang, Managing Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers China
- George Savage, Co-Founder and Chief Medical Officer, Proteus Digital Health
- Moderated by Michael Beauvais and James DeGraw, Partners at Ropes & Gray
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find our more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.