Ropes & Gray represented Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc., a leader in specialty coffee and coffeemakers, in the public offering of 9,479,544 shares of its common stock, announced May 11.
Also announced May 11, Green Mountain completed a sale of 608,342 shares of its common stock to Luigi Lavazza S.p.A. The public offering and concurrent private placement are valued at approximately $688.9 million.
The Ropes & Gray transaction team was led by Boston-based partner Jane Goldstein and associates Marko Zatylny, and Zach Blume.
Ropes & Gray has handled other recent transactions for the coffee company, including the company’s:
- licensing agreement with Starbucks to produce a line of single-serve coffee containers for use in its Keurig machines;
- acquisition of Canadian gourmet coffee roaster Van Houtte from its private equity owner Littlejohn for CDN$905 million in cash;
- sale of $250 million of newly issued shares of common stock to Lavazza, one of the world's largest coffee manufacturers and Italy's top-selling espresso brand, in 2010;
- $290 million acquisition of Diedrich Coffee, Inc. in 2010;
- $165 million acquisition of Timothy's Coffees of the World, Inc. in 2009;
- multimillion dollar acquisition of Tully’s Coffee Corporation in 2009;
- offering of 4 million shares of common stock in 2009.
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find our more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.