In articles published by Modern Healthcare, Bloomberg BNA Health Care Daily Report, Inside Counsel magazine and Law360, health care partner Deborah Gersh (Chicago) discusses the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision in North Carolina State Dental Board of Examiners v. Federal Trade Commission, which addresses questions of antitrust immunity for professional licensing boards. Business & securities litigation partner Jane Willis (Boston) discusses the same decision in articles published by the Associated Press, the Los Angeles Times, Law360 and Global Competition Review.
- Associated Press “Justices: Dentists unfair to limit teeth-bleaching providers”
- Los Angeles Times “Supreme Court restricts state license schemes that limit competition”
- Law360 “Attorneys React To High Court's State Board Antitrust Ruling” (Subscription required)
- Law360 “NC Dental Gives State Boards Map To Avoid Antitrust Trouble” (Subscription required)
- Modern Healthcare “Supreme Court ruling carries implications for regulatory boards”
- Bloomberg BNA “Supreme Court, in ‘Enormous Win for FTC,' Finds No Antitrust Immunity for Dental Board”
- Inside Counsel “Supreme Court ruling prevents dental board from limiting competition”
- Global Competition Review “Supreme Court: State dental board not immune from antitrust laws”
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find our more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.