Ropes & Gray’s participation in the 2016 Backpack Project helped provide backpacks and school supplies (including clothing) to more than 1,200 children in need before the start of the 2016/2017 school year. Attorneys and staff from the firm's Boston, Chicago, Hong Kong, New York, San Francisco, Silicon Valley and Washington, D.C. offices contributed backpacks, school supplies and funds for the purchase of supplies, all of which benefit needy children through area shelters, charitable organizations and schools.
This year’s recipients included the following organizations:
- Boston: Revision House, Heading Home, Casa Nueva Vida, Transition House, Bridge Home, St. Mary’s, Margaret’s House, Nazareth House, the Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership, Project Hope, the Sojourner House, St. Ambrose
- New York: Women-In-Need, Fox House, Sojourner Truth House
- Chicago: Barton Elementary
- Hong Kong: Harmony House Limited
- San Francisco: SF Foster Youth Program
- Silicon Valley: Santa Clara Foster Youth
- Washington, D.C.: Coalition for the Homeless
The Backpack Project has been supported by Ropes & Gray since 1999, and the firm’s participation in this year’s initiative was organized by coordinators, volunteers and shoppers.
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find our more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.