Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- From the West Coast, TSG Consumer Partners, the San Francisco-based private equity firm, announced it will acquire Duckhorn Wine Co., including its six wineries (Duckhorn Vineyards, Goldeneye, Paraduxx, Migration, Decoy and Canvasback). A Ropes & Gray team advised TSG on the deal.
- Ropes & Gray petitioned the U.S. Supreme Court to review a lawsuit by three child sex trafficking victims against Backpage.com. A lower court ruled that Backpage is immune from liability under the Communications Decency Act. But John Montgomery, the Ropes & Gray’s former managing partner who is leading the pro bono legal team, said: “When the Communications Decency Act was enacted 20 years ago to protect the development of the internet, Congress surely did not intend to shield serious criminal activity from liability under statutes enacted subsequently by Congress to protect victims of child sex trafficking.”
- Congratulations to Shanghai-based life sciences partner Katherine Wang, who was named a “Client Choice Top 20 Lawyer in China” by Asian Legal Business. Ms. Wang is a two-time winner of this award. She recently authored an analysis of new guidelines in China that aim to clarify what constitutes data forgery and the legal consequences of noncompliance in clinical trials.
- The UK’s Brexit vote has reverberated with businesses around the world. A new Ropes & Gray note suggests next steps for companies as preparations begin for the upcoming round of Brexit discussions.
- It's back-to-school time and Ropes & Gray volunteers in seven offices, including Hong Kong, provided backpacks and school supplies for more than 1,200 children in need through the Backpack Project.
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find our more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.