- A London-based Ropes & Gray team advised ICG in the $5.3 billion buyout of Visma, Europe’s largest-ever software buyout, announced on Thursday. The Visma buyout marks the second recent deal out of our London office in recent weeks; the firm also advised Oakley Capital Investments on its investment in TechInsights.
- The U.S. Supreme Court upheld a significant ruling on behalf of marriage equality. Citing Ropes & Gray’s work in Obergefell v. Hodges, the U.S. Supreme Court reversed the Arkansas Supreme Court’s decision in Pavan v. Smith, which denied same-sex married couples’ right to be named on their children’s birth certificates.
- One day later, justices decided to hear an important case for business owners making debt investments in which Ropes & Gray represents PEM Entities in a challenge stemming from a Fourth Circuit decision. A client alert outlines the issues at stake.
- The UK’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has published a final report that draws on almost two years’ of research on the country’s asset management sector. The study focuses on matters such as weak price competition amongst asset managers, perceived high profitability, price clustering for asset management fees and a lack of customer focus on fund charges. A new alert examines FCA proposals.
- Finally, the marks are in, and Ropes & Gray once again received top rankings both for diversity and quality of life in the latest Vault survey of associates. For the second year in a row, the influential directory ranked Ropes & Gray number one among U.S. law firms for overall diversity, and for the seventh year in a row, the firm was ranked number one for formal training. It wasn’t just Vault that offered critical acclaim for our diversity efforts. Ropes & Gray was recognized by Yale Law Women in its annual listing as one of only two firms whose partnership ranks are 25 percent female.
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find our more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.