Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- Two major transactions announced by our clients this week include:
- Weather Group, parent company of The Weather Channel television network and Local Now streaming service, and its majority equity holders Bain Capital and The Blackstone Group announced the sale of the company to Entertainment Studios, Inc., one of the largest independent producers and distributors of film and television. Ropes & Gray represented Weather Group in the transaction.
- IT services company Ensono announced its $405 million acquisition of the hosted data center services business from Wipro Limited, a leading global IT consulting company. As a result of the deal, Ensono will acquire eight data centers, employ over 900 people, and significantly expand its geographic footprint and global services capabilities. Ropes & Gray advised Ensono on the transaction.
- Tax reform has had a significant impact on a number of industries in 2018. In this video recap of our recent Life Sciences Quarterly presentation, tax benefits partners Rom Watson and David Saltzman address the impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and the provisions that are relevant to the life sciences industry.
- Last week, the Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit vacated the U.S. Department of Labor’s fiduciary rule. This alert sets out key considerations for asset managers and financial services providers as they plan for potential changes in regulations for the investment management industry.
- Life sciences partner Arthur Mok was named to Asian Legal Business China’s list of the top 15 M&A lawyers from international law firms. This is the second consecutive year that he has won this accolade from the publication.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for legal insights and the latest firm news.
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find our more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.