Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- The United Kingdom says it is determined to secure online activities within its borders. A recent report from the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport sets out the U.K.’s work to ensure that the "internet of things" is designed with security built in from the start. Privacy & cybersecurity partner Rohan Massey examines the report in an article published by Thomson Reuters’ Computer and Telecommunications Law Review.
- In late July, India’s Parliament passed an amendment to the Prevention of Corruption Act 1988, India’s principal legislation for combating bribery and corruption involving public officials. In this alert, our attorneys summarize the key amendment, which introduces changes that have considerable significance for multinational corporations doing business in India.
- Early this year, investment management counsel David Tittsworth authored an article published by Law360 that discussed 10 things to watch at the SEC during 2018. In this follow-up article, Mr. Tittsworth reports on the latest developments at the SEC and their impact on the asset management industry.
- Law360 profiled two attorneys this week following their recognition by the publication as 2018 “Rising Stars.” Intellectual property transactions partner Megan Baca was featured for her work for top tech giants and private equity firms in a variety of market-leading IP transactions, and Garrett Charon was featured for helping global private equity sponsors navigate complex investments in portfolio companies.
- Life sciences partner Katherine Wang was named one of Asian Legal Business’ China Client Choice Lawyers, which recognizes the top attorneys across all practice areas in the region.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for legal insights and the latest firm news.
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find out more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.