Below are weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- Two of our private equity clients announced transactions:
- TSG Consumer Partners announced its acquisition of CorePower Yoga, the largest yoga fitness studio operator in the United States. Ropes & Gray advised TSG Consumer Partners in the transaction.
- CCMP Capital Advisors, LP announced its agreement to acquire BGIS, an integrated facilities management company, from Brookfield Business Partners. Ropes & Gray represented CCMP Capital Advisors in the transaction.
- Private equity partner Carolyn Vardi was interviewed live on Bloomberg TV’s “Bloomberg Markets: The Close.” She discussed an array of conditions affecting private equity transactions, from activist strategies to valuations and financing. The entire interview is available here.
- The Appellate Division of the New York State Supreme Court upheld a trial court ruling in Summer Zervos v. Donald J. Trump, allowing a defamation suit to proceed against President Trump. Ropes & Gray represents a group of distinguished law professors as amici curiae in the appeal. “This decision affirms the bedrock constitutional principle that no one in the United States is above the law, including a sitting president,” said appellate & Supreme Court partner Doug Hallward-Driemeier.
- In Hately v. Watts, an important case regarding email privacy, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals extensively quoted an amicus brief submitted by Ropes & Gray. The court ruled that opening an email does not strip the message of vital privacy protections under the Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- For the second consecutive year, China Business Law Journal honored three Ropes & Gray practices in its China Business Law Awards. The firm’s practices were recognized for providing a high level of counsel on mergers and acquisitions, complex restructuring and insolvency issues, and intellectual property matters, including patents.
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram for legal insights and the latest firm news.
Private equity partner Carolyn Vardi appeared on Bloomberg TV.
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find our more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.