This year, Ropes & Gray’s London office has received high rankings and recognition, including being named “U.S. Law Firm of the Year” by Legal Business. Ropes & Gray was also named a finalist for the “Private Equity Deal of the Year” and the “High-yield Deal of the Year” by IFLR at its 2013 Europe Awards.
Since opening its London office in 2009, Ropes & Gray now has more than 70 lawyers, including 19 partners and has established itself as a leader in handling high-profile transactions for clients including:
- Goldman Sachs European Special Situations Group and TPG in connection with all aspects of their bid for a portfolio of 37 loan assets being auctioned by Lloyds Bank.
- Liberty Global International in the financing for Liberty’s US$23.3 billion acquisition of Virgin Media.
- Sankaty Advisors in the provision of €170 million of mezzanine debt for the acquisition, by Hellman & Friedman, of a majority stake in Wood Mackenzie.
- Highbridge, MV Credit, Partners Group, JPMorgan, and KKR in the €1.82 billion acquisition of BSN Medical by EQT.
- Altice VII S.à r.L. on a US$1.1 billion Israeli high yield debt offering in connection with the take-private and refinancing of HOT-Telecommunications Systems Ltd.
- Bitė Finance in connection with its €200 million high yield offering.
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find our more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.