The Financial Times 2018 North America Innovative Lawyers awards ranked Ropes & Gray number two among the industry’s best law firms when it comes to advising clients on an array of complex and emerging legal issues. The 2018 report, published on Dec. 11, marks the seventh consecutive year Ropes & Gray has been recognized by FT.
The firm was also named a finalist for four awards, and was recognized in six categories:
- Ropes & Gray’s IP litigation practice was cited for developing a software license that is transferable using a blockchain. Our client, DecoNet, is using the technology to create a decentralized platform for sharing and shopping computer code.
- The firm was cited for its work advising Surgery Partners, Inc. in its acquisition of National Surgical Healthcare, a transaction honored in the category of managing complex corporate matters.
- Our private investment funds team’s work advising Cove Hill Partners, a new private equity firm, was cited for a legal structure allows Cove Hill to hold investments in portfolio companies for a longer time horizon than usual.
- A litigation team was cited for securing a victory at the Eleventh Circuit for client LabMD in a long-running dispute with the FTC over how data breach litigation cases can be prosecuted.
- Our health care and life sciences teams were cited for developing bespoke analyses of business and legal trends for PE clients and others. The modules help clients and investors anticipate industry developments and run innovative businesses.
- Ropes & Gray was cited for the development of a program which furnishes attorneys and timekeepers with credits to research and develop client-facing products and services.
Earlier this year, Ropes & Gray’s innovative work in Asia, including on Bain Capital’s $18 billion Toshiba transaction, was recognized in the FT Asia-Pacific edition. Our Asia life sciences practice was also honored in the Asia report.
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find our more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.