Ropes & Gray has been ranked by Mergermarket as the leading law firm for European TMT deals in 2020 by value. According to Mergermarket, the firm advised on 14 TMT-focused deals with a total value of €62.2 billion. These included advising:
- Veeam Software in its definitive agreement to be acquired by Insight Partners, a deal valued at approximately $5 billion
- Liberty Global on the financing arrangements for its proposed $7.4 billion public to private acquisition of Swiss telecoms group Sunrise Communications Group
- Virgin Media and O2 on the £5.7 billion-equivalent, bond and loan secured financing in connection with the previously announced joint venture combination of O2 and Virgin Media by Liberty Global and Telefonica
- Next Alt S.à r.l, an entity controlled by Patrick Drahi, the founder and majority shareholder of Altice Europe on the financing aspects of its agreement with Altice Europe of an all cash offer valuing the company at €4.9 billion
- Intermediate Capital Group on its acquisition of a minority stake in Workhuman, the performance management platform
- Entertainment Partners, a TPG portfolio company, on its acquisition of London-based filmTech startup, We Got POP Ltd
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find out more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.