Ropes & Gray attorneys, working from 11 offices around the world, were recently recognized for their outstanding work by The Deal, Asian Legal Business and LMG Life Sciences. The three publications announced that Ropes & Gray, home to 1,400 professionals working across three continents and 17 time zones, has been named as a finalist for prestigious awards including advising clients in private equity, health care, life sciences and technology as well as in complex business restructurings, litigation, investigations and government regulation.
The Deal named Ropes & Gray a finalist for 14 awards, including:
- Health Care, Pharma & Biotech Firm of the Year (Large Cap)
- Debtor Counsel Law Firm of the Year (Middle Market)
For the following deals:
- Most Innovative Deal of the Year, Large Cap (Baring Private Equity Asia-Virtusa Corp.)
- PE Deal of the Year, Large Cap (TSG Consumer Partners-Pathway Vet Alliance)
- Consumer, Retail, Food & Beverage Deal of the Year, Large Cap (Dunkin’ Brands Group-Inspire Brands)
- Healthcare, Pharma & Biotech Deal of the Year, Large Cap (TPG Capital Consortium-LifeStance Health)
- Technology, Media & Telecom Deal of the Year, Large Cap (Altice USA-Lightpath)
- Fintech Deal of the Year, Large Cap (Intuit-Credit Karma)
- Private Equity Deal of the Year, Middle Market (BV Investment-Straighter Line and TSG-SweetWater Brewing Co.)
- Restructuring Deal of the Year, Middle Market (Rubio’s Restaurants Inc. refinancing)
The following individuals are also shortlisted for awards:
- Jane Goldstein (Consumer, Retail Dealmaker of the Year)
- Carolyn Vardi (PE Dealmaker of the Year, Middle Market)
- Gregg Galardi (Debtor Counsel, Middle Market)
LMG Life Sciences recognized Ropes & Gray as a finalist for 10 Life Sciences Awards. These include:
- Corporate Firm of the Year
- Licensing & Collaboration Firm of the Year
- Regulatory Firm of the Year
- Government Investigations Firm of the Year
- Antitrust Firm of the Year
The following individuals are shortlisted for awards:
- Marc Rubenstein (Corporate Attorney of the Year)
- Hannah Freeman (Licensing & Collaboration Attorney of the Year)
- Greg Levine (Regulator Attorney of the Year)
- Brien O’Connor (Government Investigations Attorney of the Year)
- Mark Popofsky (Antitrust Practitioner of the Year)
Asian Legal Business named Ropes & Gray as a finalist for Hong Kong Awards in the following categories:
- Deal Firm of the Year
- Investment Funds Firm of the Year
- Regulation and Investigations Firm of the Year
- Restructuring and Insolvency Firm of the Year
- M&A Deal of the Year (Alibaba-Farfetch Limited)
- M&A Deal of the Year (Altimeter Growth Corp.-Grab Holdings)
The winners are expected to be announced in September.
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find our more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.