Health Care Facilities in Distress, Part II: Navigating Labor and Bankruptcy Issues
8:00 - 8:30 Registration/Continental Breakfast
8:30 - 9:20 Presentation: Reducing Costs in Unionized Hospitals Experiencing Financial Distress (Stephen Perlman)
- Potential Mid-Contract Steps ("Interim" Freezes and Benefit Plan Design Changes)
- Potential Steps During Collective Bargaining (Freezes, Deferrals, Changes to Benefits)
- Major Actions: Subcontracting, Layoffs and Accelerating Retirement
9:20 - 9:30 Break
9:30 - 10:30 Presentation: Bankruptcy Fundamentals and Special Considerations for Health Care Facilities(Stuart Hirshfield and Marc Hirschfield)
- Out-of-Court Restructuring vs. Bankruptcy
- Automatic StayDIP Financing and Use and Sale of Property
- Special Considerations for Health Care Entities
Ropes & Gray is authorized to award 2 hours of pre-approved Category II (non-ACHE) continuing education credit for this program toward advancement, or recertification in the American College of Healthcare Executives.
CLE credit is provided.