IP Master Class: 2007 Patent Damages Study
The focus of the upcoming IP Master Class is a look at a recently issued study on patent damages by PricewaterhouseCoopers, the respected accounting and consulting firm. The study, which examined 12 years of federal decisions awarding patent damages, provides fascinating insight into a number of areas of interest to patent lawyers, including:
- the growth of new litigations v. patent grants;
- changes in the amount of damages awards;
- the increased use of juries;
- plaintiffs' win rates;
- the most favorable and unfavorable jurisdictions for plaintiffs;
- the most frequently used measure of damages; and
- the most frequently used basis of prejudgment interest rates and its impact on litigation tactics.
Based upon the stated interests of the attendees, additional insights on the database may be provided.