Debbie Monson will be panelist at PLI hedge fund program in May
Ropes & Gray is pleased to support PLI's 2008 Hedge Fund program. This year's program will specifically address the concerns and issues raised by the volatility in the capital markets brought on by the ongoing subprime mortgage meltdown. Funds that have sustained large losses and sold off their remaining portfolios may soon be facing potential lawsuits from clients and possible investigations by the Securities and Exchange Commission. Complicating things is the greater clout the SEC now has in dealing with hedge funds under the new anti-fraud rule. The program will address some of these issues, including:
- What is the enforcement agenda at the SEC?
- How does the new SEC anti-fraud rule augment the SEC's clout?
- What is the likely fallout when hedge funds go out of business?
- How do hedge funds operate in more volatile times?
- Who are the real winners and losers in the subprime mortgage market crisis?
- How do hedge funds maintain their prime brokerage relationships with investment banks in a volatile market?
Deborah A. Monson, partner, will speak on Hedge Fund Derivative Products, how they provide returns and how they are regulated.