Health Care Fraud: Enforcement Trends and Avoiding /Surviving Corporate Integrity Agreements (CIAs)
The Metropolitan Club
233 South Wacker Drive #67
Chicago, IL 60606
Ropes & Gray will be sponsoring Chambers & Partners first-ever general counsel seminar in Chicago.
This seminar will feature Steve Dollear, Health Care Fraud Coordinator, and Linda Wawzenski, Deputy Chief of the Civil Division, both of the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Chicago. These panelists will discuss and comment on recent government enforcement trends and priorities.
We will also have several in-house counsel in the medical device and pharmaceutical industries who will offer perspectives on operating in the current enforcement environment.
The seminar is free of charge and will offer CLE credit.Agenda:
- 3:15 Registration
- 3:45-5:30 Seminar
- 5:30 Cocktail Reception
- Steve Dollear, Health Care Fraud Coordinator, U.S. Attorney’s Office
- Linda Wawzenski, Deputy Chief of the Civil Division, U.S. Attorney’s Office
- Matthew L. Stennes, Senior Counsel, Global Investigations, Medtronic, Inc.
- Timothy J. Throm, Legal Counsel, Performance Solutions, Stryker Corporation
- Deborah Gersh, Ropes & Gray
- Laura Hoey, Ropes & Gray
- Increased Focus by the Department of Justice on Health Care Company Executives
- Recent False Claims Act Settlements and Their Implications
- CIA Trends and Requirements: The New Normal
- Compliance Standards and Expectations: Impact on Companies Not Subject to CIAS
Ropes & Gray is an accredited CLE provider in the States of NY, CA and IL. This program offers approximately 2.0 transitional NY professional practice credits, 1.75 CA general credits, 1.75 IL general credits. Programs are only eligible for CLE credit in Illinois if there are at least five attorneys in attendance.
For more information click here. To reserve a place, please contact Dee.Sekar@chambersandpartners.co.uk or Dylan.Naughton@ropesgray.com.