Investment Management Partner to Speak at the IBA’s 27th Annual Conference on the Globalisation of Investment Funds
On Monday, May 9, investment management partner, Michael Doherty (New York) will speak at the International Bar Association’s 27th Annual Conference on the Globalisation of Investment Funds, to be held at the Waldorf Astoria in New York.
Mr. Doherty’s panel is titled “The new liquidity paradigm,” and will review the new regulatory focus on portfolio liquidity, the changing demands of shareholder liquidity, as well as liquidity and market risk.
The two-day conference is presented by the IBA Investment Funds Committee, supported by the IBA North American Regional Forum, the National Investment Company Service Association (NICSA), the Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry (ALFI), the Bundesverband Alternative Investments (BAI) and The Investment Association. The theme for this year’s event focuses on change and additional panels include:
- CEO roundtable: taking the pulse of the asset management industry
- Sources of permanent capital
- The retail alternatives phenomenon
- Accessing Asia (ex-Japan)
- Accessing Europe
- MiFID II: practical impact on investment managers and distributors
- Emerging transfer agency and fund administration issues
- Exchange traded funds: changing landscape
- Distribution challenges and opportunities in a changing regulatory environment
- Regulators roundtable