Privacy & Cybersecurity Summit
Please join Ropes & Gray at our 2018 Privacy & Cybersecurity Summit to discuss cutting edge issues in privacy & cybersecurity risk management. Our program will feature keynote addresses, industry-specific breakout sessions, and expert panel discussions.
- 9:00-9:30: Breakfast & Registration
- 9:30-10:30: Latest Developments Impacting Business Decisions Here and Abroad
- In this session, we will provide updates on recent developments impacting business decisions in the U.S. and internationally. Topics will include:
- New York Department of Financial Services Regulations
- EU General Data Protection Regulation
- U.S. State Breach Notification Laws
- China’s New Cybersecurity Law
- 10:30-11:30: Emerging Data Concerns: Algorithms, Biometrics, Connected Devices and More
- In this session, we will provide a fast paced overview of emerging data concerns facing companies attempting to capitalize on technological advancements and highlight some ways to manage privacy and security risks while still capitalizing on the business benefits. Topics will include:
- Do you know what your algorithms are doing?
- Bias in data
- Government access to data
- Risk in the cloud
- Biometric data lawsuits
- 11:30-12:30: Worldwide Trends in Class Action Litigation: Leveraging Global Experience in a Locally Changing Landscape
- In today’s interconnected world, a data breach that occurs in one country can have important ramifications for companies and individuals in different geographic locations. This session will explore the most pressing legal developments in data protection and cybersecurity litigation around the globe. We will cover the key drivers for managing privacy and security risk in 2018 and beyond, including current class action trends in the U.S. and what changes to expect in the United Kingdom and European Union post-Brexit.
- 12:30-1:30: Lunch in the Gallery
- 1:30-2:00: Keynote: Cyberwarfare
- 2:00-3:00: Top 10 Mistakes Companies Make in Incident Preparedness and Response, and How to Avoid Them
- Seasoned lawyers and cybersecurity gurus will share their experiences and lessons learned from work on major data breaches. They will explain how cyberattacks can cause a legal threat, and discuss the common mistakes companies make both before a cybersecurity incident occurs and when responding to one. They will also explore best practices for avoiding those same missteps.
- 3:00-4:00: Breakout Sessions
- Studio 1: Reducing Cybersecurity Risks for SEC Regulated Entities – Preparing for Exams and Managing Risk through Insurance
- Studio 3: Big Data in Health Care - Research Registries, Quality Improvement Collaboratives, Health Information Exchanges and Beyond
- 4:00-5:00: Breakout Sessions
- Studio 1: Issues in Alternative Data Acquisition: Bots, Scraping and More
- Studio 3: Healthcare Ransomware and Cybersecurity Incidents – Prevention, Response and Analysis
- 5:00-5:30: Keynote: How Business Leaders Can Shape Policy for the Future of Artificial Intelligence
- 5:30-7:00: Cocktails and Networking
This complimentary event will offer breakfast, lunch and networking opportunities and will conclude with a reception.
For more information about our Privacy & Cybersecurity practice, please contact Rohan Massey, Doug Meal, Jim DeGraw, Mark Szpak, or another member of Ropes & Gray’s leading privacy & cybersecurity team.