The Future of Privacy Law: What You Need to Know to Tackle this Evolution
Wednesday, November 13, 2019 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM EST
Breakfast & Registration begins at 8:45 am
A networking luncheon will be provided following the program.
Ropes & Gray LLP
800 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02199
Data and privacy protection, particularly with the growing wave of state privacy laws and emerging technologies, continue to act as market disruptors that are re-defining the legal, regulatory and compliance landscape.
Please join Ropes & Gray and the Association of Corporate Counsel (Northeast Chapter) for Corporate Counsel Institute (CCI), an interactive workshop that will examine the practical considerations that in-house counsel and compliance teams need to know about the constantly evolving nature and impact of privacy and emerging technologies on the way we do business, and how we relate to consumers, and manage risk.
Interactive Q&A session with Brian Elworthy, General Counsel of Toast, Inc.
Facilitators: Edward McNicholas, Partner, Ropes & Gray LLP and Regina Sam Penti, Partner, Ropes & Gray LLP
Topics we will review include:
- Preparing for the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- The impact of state-based laws on compliance programs
- Best practices for domestic and international policy regulations
- Biometric Information Privacy Act violation risks
- Emerging technologies such as blockchain and artificial intelligence
- Factoring emerging technologies into strategic transactions and intellectual property