R&G Insights Lab Hosts Panel at Out Leadership’s Proudly Resilient 2021
R&G Insights Lab hosted a panel discussion titled “Behavioral Science Driving Diversity & Inclusion in the Workplace” as part of Out Leadership’s Proudly Resilient 2021, a monthlong virtual event series held during Pride Month. The panel was moderated by Zach Coseglia, managing principal and head of innovation and co-leader of R&G Insights Lab, and featured insights by Caitlin Handron, senior lab consultant and behavioral scientist at R&G Insights Lab, and Eleanor Chestnut, a product manager at Textio. Jane Barry-Moran, manager of research programs and partnerships at Out Leadership, offered introductory remarks.
The wide-ranging discussion addressed a number of key issues, including:
- The practice of sharing pronouns
- How the tools offered by behavioral science can help us understand company culture
- How to more actively identify bias in the workplace
- How data can drive cultural, behavioral and policy changes in the workplace
- How bias can impact research and the scientific method
- How leaders can help drive inclusion
Ropes & Gray has been partnering with Out Leadership since 2014, when the firm became a founding sponsor of Out in Law, the first LGBTQ+ senior leadership initiative for the legal profession. Since then, Ropes & Gray has served as global pro bono legal partner on Out Leadership’s CEO Business Briefs, which provide organizations with comprehensive overviews of policies and regulations in which they operate. In 2019, Ropes & Gray and Out Leadership launched a first-of-its-kind report on LGBTQ+ self-identification.