Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Announces Closing of Common Stock Offering
Ropes & Gray represented Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc., a leader in specialty coffee and coffeemakers, in the public offering of 9,479,544 shares of its common stock, announced May 11.
Also announced May 11, Green Mountain completed a sale of 608,342 shares of its common stock to Luigi Lavazza S.p.A. The public offering and concurrent private placement are valued at approximately $688.9 million.
The Ropes & Gray transaction team was led by Boston-based partner Jane Goldstein and associates Marko Zatylny, and Zach Blume.
Ropes & Gray has handled other recent transactions for the coffee company, including the company’s:
- licensing agreement with Starbucks to produce a line of single-serve coffee containers for use in its Keurig machines;
- acquisition of Canadian gourmet coffee roaster Van Houtte from its private equity owner Littlejohn for CDN$905 million in cash;
- sale of $250 million of newly issued shares of common stock to Lavazza, one of the world's largest coffee manufacturers and Italy's top-selling espresso brand, in 2010;
- $290 million acquisition of Diedrich Coffee, Inc. in 2010;
- $165 million acquisition of Timothy's Coffees of the World, Inc. in 2009;
- multimillion dollar acquisition of Tully’s Coffee Corporation in 2009;
- offering of 4 million shares of common stock in 2009.