UK Legal 500 Recognizes Ropes & Gray’s London Office
Ropes & Gray and its lawyers in London were recognized in The Legal 500 United Kingdom 2011, a global directory of leading law firms.
The directory recommended three Ropes & Gray London practices: corporate and commercial (private equity: transactions); finance (acquisition finance); and finance (high yield).
One partner was listed in the elite "leading lawyers" list, The Legal 500 United Kingdom 2011's guide to outstanding lawyers nationwide:
- Michael Goetz for finance (acquisition finance).
The Legal 500 United Kingdom 2011 also recommended two partners:
- Mike Goetz for finance (acquisition finance).
- Jane Rogers for finance (high yield).
Since opening in 2009, Ropes & Gray’s London office has handled a number of high profile matters, including advising:
- The mezzanine investors in the recent buyout of Securitas Direct by Bain Capital and Hellman & Friedman. The €395 million mezzanine financing was arranged by Morgan Stanley, MV Credit and Partners Group, among others.
- Bormioli Rocco Holdings S.A. and VCP VII Luxco 6 S.A.R.L. in connection with the issuance of €250 million 10 percent Senior Secured Notes due 2018 of Bormioli Rocco Holdings S.A.
- Liberty Global Inc. in connection with the financing for its approximate €3.16 billion acquisition of Germany's third-largest cable TV operator Kabel BW Erste Beteiligungs GmbH, from Swedish private equity group EQT Partners AB.
- Certain mezzanine lenders to KCA Deutag Oil Services Group, including funds managed by EIG Management Company, LLC and GoldenTree Asset Management LP, in connection with KCA’s financial restructuring.
- TPG Capital on its €1.2 billion secondary buyout of Ontex NV from Candover Partners Limited.